WHY STUDY IN AUSTRALIA
Australia is fast becoming one of the most preferred study abroad destination among International students. The country attracts hundreds and thousands of students every year mainly because of the outstanding education system, friendly nature of the people, laid-back nature, unique blend of cultures, relaxing atmosphere, and high standard of living available there. Foreign Education in Australia for Indian students is generally considered as golden opportunity because students get the best courses according to their aim, interest and career objectives, out of hundreds of various specialisations provided by the world renowned Australian universities.
The nation's high standard of teachings, advanced facilities, unmatched students exposure, and worthy lifestyle makes it an obvious choice for international students to study in Australia. After completing the studies, students can easily get a job, due to the remarkable reputation of the Australian education system all over the world.
- World-class education
- Great diversity in course options
- Universally recognised degrees
- Post-study work rights in Australia
- Part Time Work Right
- Numerous Scholarships opportunities
- A safe, multicultural environment
- Great place to visit along with your education in Australia
- Easier Visa norms
- Relatively lower cost of education
EDUCATION IN AUSTRALIA
Tertiary education in Australia comprisesof higher education (universities), and vocational education and training institutes [vocational education and training (VET) and technical and further education (TAFE) colleges]. Classes are generally conducted in large group lectures and small group tutorials.
The country has a unified system of qualifications, well-known as the Australian Qualification Framework (AQF), which is regulated by the Australian Government. It unifies and assures the quality offered at different levels of education in Australia. Australian schools, universities, and institutes are linked across the nation and also linked globally. Thus students can move easily from one level of study to the next after successfully completing the level, and from one institution to another, as long student visa requirements are satisfied by the student. Following are the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) levels of qualifications granted by Australian institutions for higher education:
VET Education or Diploma Course (Year 1- leading to Degree - Bachelors direct into 2nd Year)
- Associate Degree
- Advanced Diploma
- Bachelor Degree
- Bachelor Degree (honours)
- Master's Degree (extended)
- Master's Degree (coursework)
- Master's Degree (research)
Vocational and Technical Schools
Australia offers Vocational and Technical studies known asTAFE and VET through various institutes. These institutes offer short courses, certificate courses, diplomas, and advanced diplomas. These courses are meant to provide training for students in a particular vocation or help them to get out into the work place.
Australia has in total 43 universities, out of them, 40 universities are public universities, 2 are international universities, and 1is private university. The country has some of the most prestigious and high ranking universities of the world. As per the latest the QS World University Rankings, 35 Australian universities are ranked among the world's top 500 universities' list and 6 are ranked among the world's top 100.
TOP COURSES TO STUDY IN AUSTRALIA FOR INDIAN STUDENTS
Australian universities offer a wide range of courses and programmes as per the field of interest of the students. Whether it's an undergraduate or postgraduate programme a student wants to enrol in, there are numerous options on one's platter. Australia is particularly known for social sciences, management and natural sciences degrees.
Different degree courses to study overseas in Australian universities:
- Arts and design : Literature, History, Psychology, Foreign Language Studies, Communications, Philosophy, Public Relations.
- Education : Education Studies, Special Education, Accountancy Teaching.
- Engineering and technology : Chemical, Automotive, Civil, Telecommunications, Mechanical, Aeronautical, Mining, Environmental, Electrical, Electronics, Structural, Industrial, General Engineering, Computer, Mechatronics.
- Hospitality and Tourism : Hotel Management, Commercial Cookery, Tourism Management.
- Mathematics and Computing : Computer Science, Mathematics and Statistics, Computer Based Information System.
- Health sciences : Nursing, Physiotherapy, Nutrition, Veterinary Science, Environmental Health, Public Health, Personal and Family Health Care, Pharmacy.99
- Science : Pharmacology, Environmental Science, Chemistry.
- Visual and Performing Arts : Art, Fashion Design, Music, Crafts, Performing Arts,Graphic Arts.
- Agriculture : Agriculture science, Forestry, Horticulture, Biotechnology.
- Law and Business Administration : Economics, HR, Accounting, Commerce, Marketing, Management, Administration.
STUDY ABROAD IN AUSTRALIA: WHEN AND HOW TO APPLY
Applications for overseas education in Australian Universities are accepted all-round the year. Most universities accept new students in two intakes in each academic session, which usually in February and July or November, with slight variations according to a university's academic calendar.
However, it is better to apply as early as possible because visa processes might take up takes 1 Day -12 week turnaround time. If you wish to begin your studies in Australia for February intake, you should aim to have your application completed and submitted by mid-November/late-December, depending on the institute. If you are targeting the July intake, you should complete your application by May.
Australian academic intakes:
- Foundation courses: Duration is 1 year and intake is in February (depends on the university)
- Vocational Education and Training courses: Duration is 6 Month-1year and intake are in Jan, May, June, Oct, TAFE Institutions.
- Undergraduate courses: Duration is 3 years (4 years for honours degree) and intake is in Feb, July and November, (depends on the university).
- Postgraduate/Masters courses: Duration is 1-2 years and intake is in March (depends on the university) Feb, July and November.
- Doctoral degrees: Duration is 3-4 years and round the year intake as the supervisor or the project demands.
Following is the list of documents required for applying to universities.
- Higher Senior Secondary and Senior Secondary school Mark sheet and Passing Certificate
- Passport Copy
- IELTS/TOEFL/PTE score (whichever applicable)
- Statement of purpose
- Portfolio of work (for courses in art, design, etc.)
The Australian Universities usually take around 2 days to 4 weeks to respond or to process student's application. Students are advised to apply as soon as possible.
STUDENT LIFE IN AUSTRALIA
Australia is well known for its multinational and safe environment in which students can learn and travel.
Safety for International students studying in Australia
Australia is one of the safest countries in the world for international students and has a comparatively low crime rate. In most places, lanes are clean, open and well-lit at night. The frequency of robbery and assault in Australia is relatively low, and there are strict anti-gun and anti-drug laws. Australian Universities have a student support cell that ensures and safeguards interests of international students. They help and support in resolving academic or administrative grievances, provide medical assistance and other student welfare supports.